Ecology of Love With Dr Andreas Weber: An Online Course
Course Website: https://www.ecology-love.com/ /// A 6-week live online course exploring the ecology of love with biophilosopher, writer, and marine biologist Dr Andreas Weber.
Ecosystems are love stories. Our most profound ways to relate and to feel, to exchange and to be touched, are ecological forms of gifting life, of loving. When we rediscover ecology as a vibrant love story, we can unlearn the violent habits of our civilisation.
Over six weeks we’ll explore this story with biophilosopher, writer, and marine biologist Dr Andreas Weber, diving deep into a world of mutual belonging.
We’ll unravel separatist myths and reweave the beauty of biology back into the fabric of ecological wisdom, inquiring into a diverse ecosystem of themes such as erotic ecology, animism, queer ecology, death, enlivenment and more.
Supported by a background in marine biology, cultural studies and philosophy, Andreas will help us integrate science, mysticism and environmental thinking so that we can perceive the world anew through an ‘ecology of love’, an ecology which understands systems of living relationships as bearing both the practical and spiritual principles of a living cosmos.
The course runs from 16th November - 21st December 2022, each Wednesday at 6 - 8pm GMT. Participants are welcome to join course late as sessions will be recorded.
The course is held via Zoom organised by advaya and curated and hosted by Dr Andreas Weber. A 2-hour session per week with lectures, breakouts and Q&A. Includes a course pack to guide you through the course with weekly readings, resources and activities. Participants are encouraged to share insights with one another via a dedicated Discord forum.
- Develop your understanding of the role of love, eros and death within ecology
- Better understand the role of matter within a cosmology of desire
- Widen your perspective regarding the extent of relational entanglements within the world
- Expand your notion of the ‘other’ by exploring its relation to self and world
- Gather knowledge, tools and practices for deepening a multitude of relationships in your own life
- Broaden your knowledge of useful terms and concepts and be part of questioning what a new ecologically intregrous language might look like (or a language towards flourishing for all)
- Move beyond Western, dualistic, and binary notions of love that dictate that romantic love is the ultimate acquisition/achievement, and work towards a more democratic, pluralistic practice of love
- Better understand how to love as both a practice and as a form of relating with ecological integrity
- Question the role of meaning within the cosmos