Saved From Waste: An EcoSystem Fundraiser, Crafternoon & Designer Clothes Sale
Join Advaya, Own Home Products & Fast Fashion Therapy for a day of workshops and a fundraising ‘Saved From Waste’ designer sale with clothes donated by Zoe Jordan, Cara Delevingne & Jaime Winstone.
Join Advaya, Own Home Products & Fast Fashion Therapy for a day of workshops and a fundraising ‘Saved From Waste’ designer sale with clothes donated by Zoe Jordan, Cara Delevingne & Jaime Winstone. Throughout the day we will be renewing our mindsets on waste and consumption whist raising money for Oceanic Global, The Olive Branch & Eco System Restoration Camps.
About The Designer Sale#
We have been donated luxurious designer clothes and accessories by many celebrities including Cara Delevingne and Jaime Winstone. We are also very excited to announce that a handful of special designers are giving us a selection of their sample pieces and archived clothing. These designers include Zoe Jordan, Vali Boutique & Annie’s Ibiza.
About The Workshops#
Repair & Refashion Your Clothes#
- 3 hour drop in (bring your items that need mending!)
- With Fast Fashion Therapy - Fast Fashion Therapy was born out of a desire to help others to get the skills needed to repair and rework their clothing, giving everyone the opportunity to experiment with fashion in a more sustainable way. The practical workshop can hopefully act as a therapy for our collective addiction to fast fashion.
- This drop-in workshop will give you a chance to start patching those holes in your jeans, darning your jumpers or adjusting sleeves and hems. Bring along an item of clothing to repair or alter, help will be given with ideas and basic sewing knowledge to get you started. Most sewing will be completed by hand in this workshop, with shared access to a sewing machine. All sewing equipment and some fabrics/trims will be provided, please bring along your own if you have a specific fabric or repair in mind. Suitable for beginner sewers who need some help getting started or more experienced sewers looking for a dedicated space and time to sew.
The Great Breath Out#
- Join Yoga Therapist Christabel Reed for a morning breath development workshop where we will explore the power of our exhale to release, let go and create space.
- Christabel will teach a few basic breath techniques that can be introduced into anyones morning ritual as a means of refreshing and resetting the mind and nervous system.
Darning & Boro Workshop#
- With Fast Fashion Therapy
- Learn beginners darning skills and a patching technique inspired by the Japanese art of ‘Boro’ to help you mend and up-cycle old or damaged clothes. The workshop will take you through the basics of these ‘visible mending’ inspired techniques and leave you feeling inspired to keep fixing at home! Both of the techniques only use hand sewing so can be easily carried on with at home or elsewhere. All materials and kit will be provided in the workshop.
Wanted Waste Workshop#
- Coffee grinds and lemon rinds with Mollie Carr & Own Home Products.
- OwnHome is curating a workshop environment in a cosy corner. Using lemon rinds and coffee grinds, thinking outside the waste bin. Create products to take home and introduce into your new waste cycle.
Do Try This at Home!#
- Introduction to natural dyeing techniques with wanted waste with Meg Williams
- A short talk highlighting the benefits of natural dyeing and how to get started at home. There will be a demonstration and starter kits available to buy including a soft bamboo scarf or a cotton turtle bag.
- Includes a beginners’ guide to knitting and crochet
- With Meg Williams
- Get curious about crafting with needles and yarn available to have a play with, come and have a chat and hopefully learn a new super satisfying skill (knitting pairs brilliantly with friends, coffee or TV). Create your own turtle bag kits available to buy and take home, or feel free to get started straight away.
EcoSystem Restoration Camps#
A grassroots global movement where everyday people like you can have a real impact, directly, in reversing ecological destruction and mitigating climate change.
They train people in techniques for restoring land and provide practical opportunities for people to practice new approaches to landscape restoration.
The Olive Branch#
A charity created by members of the community surrounding Grenfell after the fire with the hope of bringing positivity into a time of trauma & negativity.
The Olive Branch and Grenfell community are transforming disused green spaces into thriving natural areas for gardening and nature connection.
Oceanic Global Honors humanity’s essential relationship to our ocean. They empower behavior that protects our ocean’s health and, in turn, our own. Oceanic Global tap’s into universal passions to raise awareness for issues impacting our oceans and to provide individual and industry solutions that drive positive change.
About Our Collaborators, Designers & Workshop Leaders#
Fast Fashion Therapy#
Eleanor Tull — Co Founder of Fast Fashion Therapy
Eleanor is a textile designer, working mostly with stitch and embroidered textiles. Having experimented with and studied textile art and design since high school, she started working in the textile industry in production roles for luxury fashion and interiors developing her technical skills further through creating bespoke, hand-crafted textiles. An interest in working in a more sustainable and accessible part of the textile industry led to her returning to education to study for a MA in Textile Design at Chelsea College of Art, with a focus on finding creative uses for textile industrial waste. Eleanor’s current practice looks to encourage greater participation in making, altering and upcycling our clothes and textiles as a way for fashion to be more unique, playful and sustainable.
Own Home Products#
With Mollie Moon Carr.
Christabel Reed #
Christabel Reed is a yoga teacher and yoga therapist trained in Hatha, Ayurveda and the lineage of Krishnamacharya and Sri Desikachar. At the heart of her practice and teaching is the exploration of how we can come back to our most natural state — to our wholeness.
Ruby Reed #
Ruby teaches an alignment based vinyasa yoga. Her teaching style engages a subtle and embodied approach that uses the breath to guide a slow, strong and creative practice. She brings an excellent knowledge of anatomy and physiology to a passion for the authentic teachings of yoga philosophy, blending these in an informed and full approach to the study of Yoga.